Skip to main content

Orange and Orange Smoothie!

So according to my sister's blog, I will now name my smoothies after colors :) today I made an orange and carrot smoothie, something that i recently tried at jamba juice and i loved it so much i bought one the next day! today I tried to make one, and no, it definetely was not as good as jamba, but it was edible! the only thing that I didn't like about it was the texture from the carrots but that would be solved with a juicer which someday i will purchase but a blender will do for now. i was amazed at how well my blender actually blended up the carrots! I wouldn't say my smoothies are ever that great tasting, but I drink them because I know they are healthy! I just got a way good amount of vitamin A today!


1 cup orange juice
3-4 long carrots
3 pineapple rings
a small amount of freshly squeezed lemon juice
a spoonful of honey

next time i want to add a banana and possibly some mangos.

that's all for now!

sorry the pic is sidewayz....

Comments

Emily Judd said…
sounds interesting! and yes, a juicer would be awesome. and i bet a banana and mango would sweeten things up a bit!

Popular posts from this blog

So last night the scariest thing happened to me. i was in the living room just chatting with people on facebook and watching a movie with my roommate, casey, at one in the morning, when someone knocked on our window. so i get up and quickly open the blinds and say, 'what?!" and suddenly there was this really scary looking maniquin doll head thing that hair schools use that had black hair and a white face and it was hanging from a stick! i screamed and ran and basically hurdled over the couch! it was so scary! i had to have my roommate close the blinds for me. it was funny though. casey said that they did that to her last semester during finals week. i really wish i would have gotten that on tape though. i freaked out! ha. i wonder who did it. one more week to go and then i come home!!! i miss being home. i'm kind of getting sick of rexburg sometimes... oh and i don't think i want to be a music ed major anymore because i really don't want to be a band director. i wa

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!

Special day!

So today my friend Marcie got married! Stefanie, Jenni, and I waited at the temple for her and her husband, Jaren, to come out for about two hours. So we took some pics and I wanted to put them on here to show you. Also, here's some of the wedding and guess what?!?!? I caught the bouquet!!! You know what that means...... :) enjoy the pics!