Skip to main content

TEMPLE FOOD!

So this morning I was able to volunteer in the Boise temple cafeteria! I made all sorts of salads, pies, and cakes and then brought home some recipes because they all just looked so good! I wanted to have mom and dad try some of the food that I saw made so tonight for dinner I made them this chicken dish. I don't know what the exact name for it is called but it has poppyseeds and ritz crackers on top and it wasn't too bad! The chef said that when ever she makes it it's gone so fast so it couldn't be too bad and it wasn't! (ha that was repetitive) I wish i would have been able to take a picture of it all nice and stuff on my plate but I didn't think about it until later...so here it is in a bowl over some rice :)
Also I made this really yummy smelling orange cake that I HAD to get the recipe for and make it! I think if i would have done anything different it would be to use my cake recipe that I used for my other cakes. Its a lot firmer and way more flavorful. oh and the frosting didn't have enough powdered sugar in it so it was really runny... but i just love orange desserts! Natalie came over to help eat some of it because there was so much! oh and you do NOT want to know how fattening this cake really is!And because it's Julie's birthday today I decided to decorate it for her! HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIE! Don't you just LOVE the decorations??? :D

Comments

Emily Judd said…
yum mel! that's like my dream job right there!!!
JD Seibel said…
Yay cake!!! IT was SOOOO GOOD. And yay for blogging! :D

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 4th of July!

so yesterday I began to write a blog but then my computer shut off and i haven't had time to continue writing. and i don't have much time right now because i have a date with this guy name jaimen who is from boise and we are going to idaho falls to watch the fireworks! he's pretty cool. we met in the drumline. he's a snare player. ha...me and drummers... we marched in the parade today and it was really fun but also VERY hot! i was sweating like a pig and i am so sore right now because tenors are the heaviest drums and they weigh about 50 pounds! but i loved it! well i gotta get ready! have a good day! love you all!

finally!

alright! here are the pics of my car! you like??

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!