Skip to main content

Decorating!

All my roommates moved out and the apartment was completely bare. I decided that I couldn't handle that and just wait for my roommates to come in and put up what they have to decorate the apartment ( who knows what some girls are going to put up) and Iw anted to make it all nice and homey so i went out and got some really good deals at DI and tjmax, ross, etc. I cannot get enough of DI! every day there is something different in the furniture section! here are some pictures of what I have put up so far. the transformation was amazing but too bad i don't have a "before" picture. Look at how adorable this lamp is! isn't that bird so cute? this is actually the last item i have added to the room and when i saw it i just had to get it because it fit so perfectly. i got that table at DI too! i love it! oh and i loved that bunch of weeds/sticks/flowers to put in the corner. now all i need is a pot.
i bought this clock at westwood discount for about $12 and got the candle holders at ross. i love these stores cause everything is so cheap! of course i couldn't have done my shopping without going to the DI first. this picture of the salt lake temple with the frame was only i think $4! what a steal right?? i'm going for the whole dark wood look and it was perfect. i love that picture of Christ. i got that at DI for only $2 including a frame. that would have been so expensive at the distribution center or deseret book. those pillows fit perfectly with the coach in the upcoming picture. oh and that rocking chair is sweet. my neighbors had it in their apartment and didn't want it anymore. so i brought it to mine. i'm thinking it defintely needs some type of cover for the cusions. and that little table...my new roommate chelsey made that a few years back. how awesome is that? oh and i'm looking for some brown sheets or something to put over that couch. its not necessary but it would look nicer.
okay, so this is my absolute favorite corner of the room. i LOVE the curtains i found. only $8 for both panels! we used to have really crappy blinds with that window and they didn't work at all and then i saw these curtains for dirt cheap at ross and couldn't resist! so i took down the blinds and stashed them in the side closet and put them up!. and the lamp even ties into it because they both have the same leaves. LOVE LOVE LOVE my front room! what do you all think?? i cannot wait to have my own home and decorate!

Comments

Emily Judd said…
you want to come decorate our house?? looks awesome!
RWSeibel said…
Wow! You've been very busy! When's your next trip to DI? Love it!
JD Seibel said…
nice job, mel :) I can't believe you blogged!

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 4th of July!

so yesterday I began to write a blog but then my computer shut off and i haven't had time to continue writing. and i don't have much time right now because i have a date with this guy name jaimen who is from boise and we are going to idaho falls to watch the fireworks! he's pretty cool. we met in the drumline. he's a snare player. ha...me and drummers... we marched in the parade today and it was really fun but also VERY hot! i was sweating like a pig and i am so sore right now because tenors are the heaviest drums and they weigh about 50 pounds! but i loved it! well i gotta get ready! have a good day! love you all!

finally!

alright! here are the pics of my car! you like??

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!