Skip to main content

Christmas Vacation

So for Christmas this year my family decided to meet in St. George with Emily and her family and stay with at her husbands family's house all week! I'm just going to say that this house is amazing. It's so big that Julie and I couldn't remember where the front door was the first night we got there. The drive here from Boise was pretty intense. We all woke up at about 5am last Sunday and were out of the house by 6am. The roads weren't too bad until we got near Sweetzer Summit, and that's where we saw a car rolled over off the road. Luckily we left early Sunday morning because the roads just got worse and worse. We were afraid we wouldn't be able to make it to Utah at all. We ended up driving for a total of 12 hours! I was driving my car from 6am to 3pm, but considering I accidently overdosed on my migraine medicine, I was so exhausted and I almost fell asleep at the wheel. So Jenni Johnson, (she came and stayed at my house for a week in Boise because her family moved to utah, so we were dropping her off) turned on some ABBA which definety helped me stay awake! I accidently overdosed because I asked Jenni for some pain reliever at about 8am and it was in my purse but she just saw my migraine perscription medicine bottle and grabbed two of those. So it was basically my fault for not even checking what I was putting in my mouth! I had already taken one pill that morning around 6am. My parents called our Bishop, who is a doctor, and he said to not fall asleep and also to go check my blood pressure, (because it is a blood pressure medicine, and for some reason it prevents my migraines from coming! :)) The last three hours to St. George were the longest. But we finally made it!


I have the two cutest nephews! Lincoln is only a few weeks old and he is just so cute to hold, especially when he's sleeping. he has so much hair too! Easton is so fun to play with! i can't tell you how many times I've picked him up to look at the christmas decorations because they include a train, which he loves, and Santa Claus, and reindeer. He is obsessed with Thomas the Tank Engine too! We could do the same things over and over again every day and he still thinks its so exciting! And he's at the cutest stage where he repeats everything that you say. He accidently tripped and i said, "oopsie daisies" and now he will always say, 'oopsie doosies' I also taught he to say 'gansta' and Julie taught him so say what pirates say 'Arrrr mateys'

Erica, Julie, and I drove around St. George today. There are so many amazing houses that are worth more than a million dollars! The house we are staying in is easily over two million dollars... wow! The layout and the way this place is decorated is definetly how i would love to have my home be someday in the future. ha... ha...


Last night we all sat down and played rock band. It was a blast. i went all the way up to expert level on the drums for some of the songs. But really it's just a fast rock beat and actually pretty different than playing real drums. the singing probably was my favorite thing to do. Especially while singin Eye of the Tiger. lol


so basically my sister julie is amazing and will be famous someday. i just finished reading her first book titled, "Blue." I'm not going to give away anything about it but i will just tell you that i am NOT a reader and i could not stop reading it! I made her read to me the beginning of the second book because the first book just leaves you hanging and wanting to know more! it would be such a good series and a great movie! she definetly needs to get it published.


well thats all for now. i think i'm going to go play rock band with my sis!
this has been the best week ever!



here are some pics! sorry they are so small










Comments

JD Seibel said…
aww you're too much mel! THis was a fun entry!

LOVE YOU!
Anonymous said…
When you update you really update. Lots and lots of words. I'm pretty impressed that you read the book all the way through. Isn't it awesome?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? Love you and see you after you wake up from your nap.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 4th of July!

so yesterday I began to write a blog but then my computer shut off and i haven't had time to continue writing. and i don't have much time right now because i have a date with this guy name jaimen who is from boise and we are going to idaho falls to watch the fireworks! he's pretty cool. we met in the drumline. he's a snare player. ha...me and drummers... we marched in the parade today and it was really fun but also VERY hot! i was sweating like a pig and i am so sore right now because tenors are the heaviest drums and they weigh about 50 pounds! but i loved it! well i gotta get ready! have a good day! love you all!

finally!

alright! here are the pics of my car! you like??

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!