Skip to main content

you are the cheese to my macaroni :)

too bad i'm lactose intolerant. i really didn't know what to title today's blog and thats the only thing that came to my mind.



i know i already talked about the parade but i wanted to put up some pictures of it. they aren't the best quality because stef took them from her phone but they are better than nothing!

i love the tenors! even though they weigh about 50lbs!

tomorrow we were supposed to have white glove checks at 10am but because a lot of girls will be out of town now we don't have to clean until we check out!!! now i have a stress free weekend and all that i really have to do is perform in the Savior of the World tonight and tomorrow night. i have been practicing SO much lately!!!Four hours on wednesday and four hours yesterday. Yesterday i practiced drumset for two hours and then marimba for two hours. i've been working on this piece called, "Dream of the Cherry Blossoms" which when i looked at it last friday, it was by far the hardest piece i have ever played before. but i've practiced a lot this week and now i can play the entire thing! oh! and on wednesday i had my first experience playing with a jazz combo. i was really nervous because i didn't really know what to play but they just said to keep time so i did. i played some jazz, samba and bossa nova. i am going to audition for jazz combos in the fall. i'm really excited about it because drumming is what will get me the most gigs and money... when i get good enough that is. :)
So i tried uploading a song on here but i don't think i can do that. so here is a video "Dream of the Cherry Blossoms." I love this song. It is so fun to play.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJM9r3LJohA

Here's another peice that i played called "Two Mexican Dances for Marimba" but i just played the second movement. I couldn't find a good youtube video of Katamiya but if any of you want to you can look it up. the internet here is really slow so i wasn't able to watch all of them.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu2gqu9XY6E

sorry it's not the best quality.

Last night I spent three hours cleaning and packing my room! Parentals::: my friend marcie is letting me keep a lot of my stuff at her duplex for the break. its funny because you don't realize how much stuff you have until you actually pack it all up.

I've been going to a physical therapist lately for my hands and they seem to be getting better! i can practice for longer too. plus i have these awesome braces that i put on and they are so cute....ha not. i'm thinking of taking a picture and posting it on here but i really don't want to get up to get my camera. but the braces are better than the tape i had wrapped around my wrists. i got a lot of weird looks on campus. they probably thought i cut my wrists or something.

well i've wasted a lot of time today. i feel like practicing. thats the only thing i really seem to want to do.

Comments

JD Seibel said…
WOw Mel, you can play those?!?!? That's amazing! GOod job~~ :)

Glad you got a new brace. Tape on your wrists is pretty strange! hahaa ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 4th of July!

so yesterday I began to write a blog but then my computer shut off and i haven't had time to continue writing. and i don't have much time right now because i have a date with this guy name jaimen who is from boise and we are going to idaho falls to watch the fireworks! he's pretty cool. we met in the drumline. he's a snare player. ha...me and drummers... we marched in the parade today and it was really fun but also VERY hot! i was sweating like a pig and i am so sore right now because tenors are the heaviest drums and they weigh about 50 pounds! but i loved it! well i gotta get ready! have a good day! love you all!

finally!

alright! here are the pics of my car! you like??

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!