Skip to main content
So last night the scariest thing happened to me. i was in the living room just chatting with people on facebook and watching a movie with my roommate, casey, at one in the morning, when someone knocked on our window. so i get up and quickly open the blinds and say, 'what?!" and suddenly there was this really scary looking maniquin doll head thing that hair schools use that had black hair and a white face and it was hanging from a stick! i screamed and ran and basically hurdled over the couch! it was so scary! i had to have my roommate close the blinds for me. it was funny though. casey said that they did that to her last semester during finals week. i really wish i would have gotten that on tape though. i freaked out! ha. i wonder who did it.

one more week to go and then i come home!!! i miss being home. i'm kind of getting sick of rexburg sometimes... oh and i don't think i want to be a music ed major anymore because i really don't want to be a band director. i want to be a percussion instructor and teach privately and perform. NOT do all the things that come with being a band director. you hardly ever have time to play your own instrument. i just don't want to do all of that. and that would be hard to do when i hopefully have a family someday. and i REALLY do not want to do student teaching. so this way if i go into pedagogy or performance i wouldn't have to do that! but now i would have to think of a minor.... i really don't know what i would minor in. and then i have to decide if i'm staying here or go to boise state. i think i could get a way bigger scholarship going to boise state. i should talk to bro taylor about it though and see if i can get a bigger scholarship. i feel like with all the work that i am doing i deserve a lot more money than what just pays for lessons each semester. so if anyone has any ideas of what to minor in let me know! but i'm not doing chemistry or something like that because i just don't think i could handle all the work and i really don't think i'm going to use my minor anyways.

so life in rexburg has been pretty good! not much to say about it really.... um... ya go nothing really.

oh i had a migraine today for the first time in months! it was so weird. i think it has to do with how i'm sleeping. the past couple of monrnings i've been waking up and i'm just so sore. wow i do not miss those headaches. it hurt so bad. i don't know how i handled having at least two a day for the past six years. i'm so thankful for blood pressure medicine that prevents them! yay!

love you all!

Comments

Emily Judd said…
okay that totally happened to me my freshman year. stupid boys!
JD Seibel said…
wow, scary! who does that though? I hate stuff like that.

You've had 2 migraines a day for the past SIX years? How did i not realize that? Poor mellie... :( I'm glad you don't get them as often now.
Anonymous said…
Mel! Come to Boise State! It's fun..sometimes! Oh! I would totally freak if that happened to me! I would have nightmares.

Popular posts from this blog

Happy 4th of July!

so yesterday I began to write a blog but then my computer shut off and i haven't had time to continue writing. and i don't have much time right now because i have a date with this guy name jaimen who is from boise and we are going to idaho falls to watch the fireworks! he's pretty cool. we met in the drumline. he's a snare player. ha...me and drummers... we marched in the parade today and it was really fun but also VERY hot! i was sweating like a pig and i am so sore right now because tenors are the heaviest drums and they weigh about 50 pounds! but i loved it! well i gotta get ready! have a good day! love you all!

finally!

alright! here are the pics of my car! you like??

swim suit and computer!

Alrighty! I FINALLY found a swim suit that looks good on me AND fits!! Isn't it SO cute?? I love it! It's a tankini and look how LONG it is. there's no way my tummy will show! I just wanted you all to see it now! I can't be on here for long because of my dumb computer charger... i'm sick of this computer and really its not my fault that it doesn't work because my roommate tripped over it a few semesters ago and broke it. Starting this fall, everyone has to have a computer at BYU-I so maybe i'll just buy a Mac. And never let anyone use it and i'll keep it in my room when ever i'm not using it. Well! today was long and stressful. i hate technology right now. tomorrow i have my jury on drum set. i'll just have to do the best i can. i know he wouldn't fail me but i could get a B on drum set...grr.. wish me luck!